SISTERS ON A MUSICAL MISSION
1) Thank you for being part of our zine. Tell us when you decided to have a career in music!
Singing and performing has always been our passion. We loved country music from a very young age so that’s the music that we gravitated to when we started writing and performing. Early on in college we started writing songs and performing shows around our hometown and that’s where our career in music began.
2) Where are you located and where are you originally from?
We are currently located in Nashville, TN. We spent most of our lives in Pittsburgh, PA before moving to Nashville at the end of 2017.
3) Top musical influences?
We always refer to country music as the soundtrack of our childhood and some of our biggest influences were Martina McBride, Little Big Town and Rascal Flatts.
4) Goals for 2019 and beyond?
We’re hoping to release some more new music at some point in 2019! We’re also looking forward to playing shows in lots of new places this year.
5) Who does the writing in the band and which comes first for you the lyrics or the musical inspo?
Both of us help write our original music along with other co-writers in Nashville. Usually the lyrics come first for us. We both keep a long list of song titles and ideas on our phone!
6) Where can our readers catch a live show soon?
For the next few months most of our shows will be in and around the Nashville area! We’ll be announcing our summer show dates very soon and we’ll have shows in the Tenneesee area as well as Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio and more. You can keep up with all our show dates on our website: http://www.thehobbssisters.com/shows.
7) Please answer the following... "If our fans really knew us, they would know that... "
we really love coffee :)
8) What are the special challenges and advantages of being in a band with your sibling!!?
One big advantage is getting to spend a lot of time with each other. We have always been very close so it’s awesome to work together every day and chase our dream together. The downside of working with your sibling is that we know how to get on each other’s nerves!
9) Please list your social media links so our readers can follow you everywhere!
We love getting to know our fans so check us out here!